- About Us
Subject to limitations which are provided elsewhere in these By-laws, the duties and functions of the Board shall include, but shall not be limited to the following:
1. Maintain custody and management of all property and operations of the Congregation; and maintain accountability for the expenditure of all funds;
2. Adopt, amend, rescind and implement policies, rules and regulations which are consistent with the duties and functions of the Board and with decisions of the membership;
3. Work closely with the professional congregational staff to ensure that the needs of the membership and its stated goals are adequately met;
4. Establish and provide direction to such committees and/or guilds deemed appropriate, define their duties and prescribe their powers.
5. Develop and approve the annual Congregation operating budget and make it available to the Congregation;
6. Submit a full statement of financial condition to the membership on an annual basis and conduct an annual audit;
7. Appoint, as appropriate, delegates and alternates to represent the Congregation at meetings of the Unitarian Universalist Association and other denominationally-related bodies;
8. Maintain accurate and open records of all its meetings, except Executive Sessions;
9. Oversee all publications of the Congregation, including but not limited to Sunday bulletins, monthly newsletters, brochures, press releases, other promotional materials,and website;
10. Recommend revisions to the By-laws as appropriate.